Lip-synched Presidential debate

This video came from reader Ken, who added, “These were popular in 2016, but this is the first debate lip-sync I’ve seen this election cycle”. It’s pretty funny, and, at any rate, it’s funny enough to bring to a close a pretty mediocre day. (I’ve started cutting way back on feeding the ducks, which makes me sad, but it’s necessary to make them move on.)

1. GBJames
    Posted October 29, 2020 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Much better than the original debate!

2. W.T. Effingham
    Posted October 29, 2020 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Watching this gave me three dozen chuckles, nineteen guffaws, and seven enormously embarrassing loud snorts (according to a socially distanced lady in the “waiting area “). Somehow, it inspired me to think it would be interesting to see D.J. tRump and Biden compete in a two-way version of Jeopardy! wherein both the Jeopardy! and Double Jeopardy! rounds required written answers and the Final Jeopardy! round went to whoever rang in with the correct answer first (tRump would try to phone a friend -Deutsche Bank.)

3. merilee
    Posted October 29, 2020 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Sub

4. Posted October 29, 2020 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

I don’t really understand what is going on here – is there some parochial US television series that involves making videos of people with overdubbing of different voices? I do not find it funny…!

• scruffycookie
      Posted October 29, 2020 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

It’s a YouTube channel that takes actual footage and forces nonsense into the mouths of the actors to match the mouth movements. When done right, it can be hilariously funny. It’s an acquired taste.

I have enjoyed other videos they’ve done, but personally didn’t find this one particularly funny because they made Biden seem like a doddering fool.

• merilee
        Posted October 29, 2020 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

Agreed that it was a bit unfair to Joe.

• scruffycookie
          Posted October 29, 2020 at 7:12 pm | Permalink

🙂

Posted October 29, 2020 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

These are fun.

6. Andrea Kenner
    Posted November 3, 2020 at 10:03 am | Permalink

That was freakin’ hilarious!