Monday: Hili dialogue

by Matthew Cobb

PCC(E) is away having fun in Gay Paree, so I have the keys to the car. Just hope I don’t leave any scratches on it. There will be a much reduced service over the next week, I’m afraid.

In Dobrzyn, Hili is confirming that she is, indeed a cat.

Hili: There are a few options
A: What options?
Hili: Kitchen, bed, hunting.
A: What do you chose?
Hili: Uncertainty.
P1000188.JPG
Hili: Jest kilka opcji.
Ja: Jakie?
Hili: Kuchnia, łóżko, polowanie.
Ja: A co wybierasz?
Hili: Niepewność.

1. Posted February 24, 2020 at 4:28 am | Permalink

…in other news… https://twitter.com/cctv_idiots/status/1231495944069361665
    🙂

2. ThyroidPlanet
    Posted February 24, 2020 at 5:35 am | Permalink

If we get a few morning rush hour and choice illusions it’ll be good

3. Jim batterson
    Posted February 24, 2020 at 6:47 am | Permalink

Thank you matthew. Btw, jerry’s plane landed a bit ahead of schedule, four hours ago (0214 chicago time) according to flightaware. So he should be out and about planning his first paris midday meal by now.

Posted February 24, 2020 at 8:45 am | Permalink

Is there a Walkwhere? I’d like to track his every move. 😎

• C.
        Posted February 24, 2020 at 11:48 am | Permalink

You wanna put a radio collar on him and track his movements from an old Land Rover? Guess you’d have had to dart him in the butt then strap it on him but that probably would have hindered his passage through the TSA check.

Posted February 24, 2020 at 11:56 am | Permalink

No. If he carries a cell phone, that should do it. At least that’s what I’m told. 😎

4. Pierluigi Ballabeni
    Posted February 24, 2020 at 7:57 am | Permalink

In the case that Jerry gets tired of museums and restaurants, here is the calendar of the political demonstrations in Paris for the next days:

I think public transportations are now running.

Posted February 24, 2020 at 8:49 am | Permalink

Here’s a random piece on a cat who needed prosthetics. Subtitles are in Russian, I think, but just see how he’s doing with the new titanium feet.

• Posted February 24, 2020 at 9:38 am | Permalink

So heartwarming. Tanks

• boudiccadylis
      Posted February 24, 2020 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Wonderful.
      My only concern is how comfortable are those spikes up its leg. Cats are notorious for living with pain.
      AND how is it that they have 2 cats showing without their own feet.
      I know I sound suspicious but some places do more experimental procedures with cats.

Posted February 24, 2020 at 11:12 am | Permalink

Yes, cats can hide pain. I met a prosthetics researcher at the Colorado SU Veterinary School and he explained that these legs work pretty well, but in dogs – where his research is focused – they tend to break down because the animals are so active. Also, a big problem is infection at the tissue/titanium interface. For cats, I suspect breakage would be less of a problem, but infection would still be an issue.

• Dominic
          Posted February 25, 2020 at 4:02 am | Permalink

The hope is that such research can one day transfer to humans…

Posted February 25, 2020 at 9:00 am | Permalink

It would be nice to be able to implant titanium legs. I have an implanted tooth – which is a start.

6. Posted February 24, 2020 at 8:51 am | Permalink

More other news. Even if you think the earth is flat, there is still gravity.

• Jenny Haniver