Peregrinations

I’m off early this morning for two days of filming.  I can’t say much about it now except it involves the evidence for evolution, a group of creationists, and the Grand Canyon (where I’m headed). I’ll endeavor to keep Owl Week going, and Matthew Cobb and Greg Mayer will try to fill in as best they can.

Rest assured that I’ll be defending evolution while I’m gone.

1. Dominic
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 2:32 am | Permalink

“Rest assured that I’ll be defending evolution while I’m gone.” I have a vision of you wearing a cape!

• Sigmund
      Posted April 18, 2012 at 3:03 am | Permalink

I’m thinking more along the lines of an Evel Kneivel style challenge. Jerry’s going to use science to reach the other side – while the creationists attempt one last leap of faith.

• exrelayman
        Posted April 18, 2012 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

A leap of faith at the Grand Canyon would be one last one!

2. Kevin Anthoney
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 3:57 am | Permalink

They’ll be after the Cravendale before you know it!

• Nyanko Sensei
      Posted April 18, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

One of the best adverts I’ve ever seen. Timmy Curry narrating, the hat tip to West side story and cats… lots and lots of cats!

3. bonetired
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 4:56 am | Permalink

Remind me to ask you how your head is when you get back. I suspect that you will be frequently banging it against the canyon walls when you try to convince the creationists that evolution is not just true but the only truth ….

4. Pete Moulton
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 5:16 am | Permalink

Be sure to take your binocular, and keep an eye out for the California Condors, Jerry.

5. Posted April 18, 2012 at 7:12 am | Permalink

Ooh, polydactyl kitteh! (I got one of those)

Knowing that YEC groups run regular Grand Canyon trips to indoctrinate the flock (spoiler: it was all dug out in about a week-and-a-half by post-Flood runoff), I can guess at the subject of the docko.

6. Posted April 18, 2012 at 7:23 am | Permalink

What I’d really like to see is a debate between you and Don Prothero on how best to handle the creotards.

Pushing them off the pathway down is not an option.

7. McWaffle
    Posted April 18, 2012 at 10:45 am | Permalink

My parents have a polydactyl cat named Darwin, FWIW.

8. FastLane
    Posted April 20, 2012 at 9:00 am | Permalink

Totally OT, but Jerry, have you seen this yet:

• whyevolutionistrue
      Posted April 20, 2012 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Funny, I just posted that two minutes ago!