A lovely video about making a ring

I find this video, in which jewelry-makeer Pablo Cimedvila (also a champion paralympic swimmer) manufactures an intricate and beautiful diamond ring, mesmerizing. (His YouTube channel, with many fascinating videos, is here, and his online store is here.) I had no idea how much skill goes into this wearable art. At least I think the centerpiece is a yellow diamond.

1. BobTerrace
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Amazing. Such steady hands.

2. jezgrove
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

The end result is a little glitzy, but the process was absolutely hypnotic – such skill and precision in so many different techniques!

Posted September 18, 2020 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

A kiss on the hand may be quite continental …

4. Posted September 18, 2020 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

He is amazing. That is amazing. Gifted, talented, precise, and beautiful.

5. neilmdunn
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 3:06 pm | Permalink

Fastinating. Thanks.

6. Randall Schenck
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 3:13 pm | Permalink

It is a highly skilled job with very special tools. What we call very fine work. Jewelry is something I have never had any interest in for some reason. I wear none and that is probably from habit way back when I worked on airplanes. Wearing any jewelry is a no no when climbing around on the planes.

7. jcook@napanet.net
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

I am forwarding it to a jewelry maker I know. Lotta expensive gear. Lotta ads.

Posted September 18, 2020 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

Plays well at double speed too.

9. Posted September 18, 2020 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

Very cool!

10. daniaq
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

wow! that was really interesting!

11. Diana MacPherson
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

My aunt and uncle have a shop near San Francisco where they make or at least used to make some nice bespoke jewelry and they also have a jewelry store. Their partner made me a really nice engraved Pisces necklace in sliver when I was a kid that I still have.

12. Mark Jones
    Posted September 18, 2020 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

Great stuff, but if he omitted the music he could have a hit in the unintended ASMR market.