Photos of readers

Please send in your quarantine photos, and we also need more diversity (e.g., women, non-Americans, and so on).

Today’s reader is Art Williams, who sent a photo, a caption (with an appropriate background) and his hand-drawn cartoon.

Art Williams, a surgeon and evolutionary medicine enthusiast in Cincinnati, in his natural habitat, between cases, back when elective surgeries were still a thing.

And you’ll surely get his cartoon:

1. Posted April 13, 2020 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

LOVE the cartoon! Thanks for the chuckle.

• JezGrove
      Posted April 13, 2020 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

Ditto!

• merilee
        Posted April 13, 2020 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

Me, three

• Posted April 13, 2020 at 2:47 pm | Permalink

That joke was lamb. And I loved it.

• merilee
        Posted April 13, 2020 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Paul, are you lambasting Art??🤓

2. Randall Schenck
    Posted April 13, 2020 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

What’s the commission on a Lamborghini

Posted April 13, 2020 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Speaking of surgeries, I was supposed to get my first colonoscopy this year. Can’t say I’m too upset about postponing it…though I’d rather still have it if it meant there was no coronavirus.

Great cartoon.😄

• Randall Schenck
      Posted April 14, 2020 at 6:44 am | Permalink

Sorry, I missed this one yesterday. It’s not the procedure that is so bad, it is the preparation.

• Posted April 14, 2020 at 8:52 am | Permalink

Exactly. And even that’s not so bad. Colon cancer, now on of the most preventable. (Once one of the deadliest.)

I am supposed to have one this fall. We’ll see. It will be my fourth.

1st at age 50 found a pretty serious pre-cancerous polyp. So the sequel was a one-year repeat. Then a 3-year repeat. Now I’m on the 5-year plan.

4. Michael Waterhouse
    Posted April 13, 2020 at 4:49 pm | Permalink

I thought the joke was the tractor, as Lamborghini did and does make tractors.

• Gordon Davisson
      Posted April 13, 2020 at 11:42 pm | Permalink

My first thought as well. Ferruccio Lamborghini got his start making tractors before he got into the car business.

• Hempenstein
        Posted April 14, 2020 at 7:45 am | Permalink

I just learned that last week. The story goes that Ferrucio Lamborghini was quite successful and had a Ferrari that he’d use to take clients out to lunch with. But he was a lousy driver and kept burning out clutches, which he had the Ferrari people change. Finally he had his own mechanic do the job and it turned out that the clutch was the same as he used in his tractors. He was so enraged at what Ferrari had been charging for a tractor clutch that he went to Enzo and said he’d build his own car. And so he did. That was around 1963.

And if you’d like to have your very own tracked Lamborghini here’s your chance.

5. merilee
    Posted April 13, 2020 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

Is the lamb wearing a burkini or a bikini?

• Posted April 13, 2020 at 6:09 pm | Permalink

Lamb burkini. Lamb bikini might be udderly ridiculous!

• Posted April 13, 2020 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

Now I get it…. It’s a slow day for me.

• merilee
        Posted April 13, 2020 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

🤣while the burkina would keep her covered udderly.

• Posted April 14, 2020 at 10:56 am | Permalink

Lamb burkini sounds like an Indian meal.

• merilee
          Posted April 14, 2020 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

It does!

6. Don Mackay
    Posted April 13, 2020 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

I have a small flock of East Friesian milking sheep whose lambs love running, and with their long legs are very quick on the hoof. I call them my lamborghinis, as they sprint ahead of me in our races on the paddock. Well, I am 74 and my knees are finished.

• merilee