Go Man City

There will be two cats this morning. The first, from Flickr, honors the new champion of the Premier League:

1. Posted May 15, 2012 at 4:51 am | Permalink

This is my daughter’s cat, Cat. In the cat/dog wars Cat unfortunately suffers from the The Dog Delusion, in that he sometimes thinks he’s a dog, playing a very good game of fetch.

• Mike Lee
      Posted May 15, 2012 at 5:03 am | Permalink

If I could hang on to our cat Molly long enough(without suffering some unwelcome consequences!), I would wrap her in my Real Madrid jersey and post the pic – most points, most goals and most victories in La Liga and now Champions for the 32nd time….

• Posted May 15, 2012 at 5:54 am | Permalink

Perhaps your cat is sufficiently smug as to not need to remind rare winners of their comparative shortcomings. Just knowing that we know they know is usually enough reward for a cat, without having to remind everyone who the top dog is.

2. litchik
    Posted May 15, 2012 at 6:09 am | Permalink

My grandmother is from Galway via Bradford – outside Manchester. While it’s easy to root for Galway United FC rooting for Man. U. was just too close to rooting for the Yankees. My son says my default, rooting for Man. City is like rooting for the Mets, but I prefer to think of it as rooting for the Cubs.

Plus, it was a beautiful game.

3. TJR
    Posted May 15, 2012 at 6:56 am | Permalink

It was a perfect example of how sport is far more dramatic than drama.

For this reasons its always been puzzling that people bother to make films etc out of sport as you just get the worst of both worlds.

4. David
    Posted May 15, 2012 at 11:17 am | Permalink

I was in Albert Square, yesterday with a Man City friend. It was a brilliant, fantastic atmosphere. It couldnt have been , from a neurals point of view (although loathing Utd with every fibre of my being, im not neutral), a better or more exciting, end to a season. Thirty eight, ninety minute games, settled in injury (Fergie) time, with, more or less, the last kick of the game.