Reminder: first MIT coronavirus lecture today at 11:30 Eastern time

Just a reminder: I announced yesterday a one-hour-a-week “all star” course at MIT on the pandemic and the virus—the first lecture in a course that goes through December 8.  There are of guest lecturers, some well known. It starts soon this morning, and note that the starting time (11:30 a.m.) is Eastern US time.

More information:

The class will run from September 1, 2020 through December 8, 2020 and begin each Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. ETSee the syllabus for lecture details.

How to watch it. The place where you go to watch the livestream is here, but you have to type in a password:

The class is open to allMIT students, as well as any eligible cross-registered students. The live stream will be available to the public, but only registered students may ask questions during the Q&A. To view the live stream, click on this link and type in the password: mit-covid. Miss a class? You’ll be able to view a video of the lecture on this page.

1. Andrea Kenner
    Posted September 1, 2020 at 8:25 am | Permalink

I’m planning to join in. Thanks for the reminder!

2. Jim batterson
    Posted September 1, 2020 at 9:33 am | Permalink

Ditto

3. George Atkinson
    Posted September 1, 2020 at 10:30 am | Permalink

Didn’t work on my ancient Firefox, which told me: Sorry, this video cannot be played on this browser or device. Grrr

4. Andrea Kenner
    Posted September 1, 2020 at 11:34 am | Permalink

I was able to watch it on Safari. Today’s lecture was a really good introduction to the topic. I had heard a lot of it before, but it was good to know that they were presenting the latest information, and it was good to see how many people are working together to find solutions.

• Ben Murray
      Posted September 1, 2020 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Totally agree! I thought Bruce Walker’s response to the question of why the US is in worse shape than other countries was fabulous – completely focused on mask wearing and social distancing, relentlessly future focuses and on message, and completely dodging divisive and fruitless political invective.

5. Posted September 2, 2020 at 5:34 am | Permalink

Thanks for the post and links…
    However I could not find a way to view a video after the event. The live stream page does not offer any way to do this despite the instruction suggesting that this was possible…

6. Tom MacPherson
    Posted September 2, 2020 at 7:40 am | Permalink

“Miss a class? You’ll be able to view a video of the lecture on this page.”

No link was included for how to watch the videos afterwards. I missed yesterday’s, how do I catch up?

• Andrea Kenner
      Posted September 2, 2020 at 8:20 am | Permalink

I don’t see a link either. Maybe they haven’t posted it yet.

7. Ben Murray
    Posted September 2, 2020 at 11:01 am | Permalink

They added a clarifying note:

“Miss a class? You’ll be able to view a video of the lecture on this page. Please note: It will take a few days to caption and post each lecture video after the livestream has ended.“