Moar divine intercession

Remember Polly, the miracle cat who had “cat” written on her fur? Well, the Ground of All Being has just produced another  biological regression, but with a plant—an apple, to be precise:

And. . . a cat with a top hat:

1. gayle
    Posted October 22, 2010 at 4:57 am | Permalink

Excellent! Reminds me of the time I was stung on the shoulder by a jellyfish in Malta and the scar was in the shape of a jellyfish, complete with tentacles!

2. Dominic
    Posted October 22, 2010 at 4:59 am | Permalink

The purrfect partner for Ginger Rogers!

• Sili
      Posted October 24, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

I’ve long contended that Fred Astaire is God.

3. Posted October 22, 2010 at 5:27 am | Permalink

Would we be able to see the effects of Ceiling Cat’s paw on the DNA of that kitteh? This could be a great test of whether Atheism Type 1 or Atheism Type 2 is the correct form.

4. Ghyl Tarvoke
    Posted October 22, 2010 at 7:29 am | Permalink

Could the apple mark have been due to another close apple blocking the sun and slowing ripening? They are often in pairs or threes. The kitteh however is clearly a miracle.

5. Posted October 22, 2010 at 9:57 am | Permalink

That apple is cool!

I guess I’d better move to Japan.

• Posted October 22, 2010 at 11:57 am | Permalink

My wife and I spent a few months there, almost 20 years ago.

I remember the apples that cost about $3 each. They were good, though.

6. Flounder
    Posted October 22, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

The apple is very common. I is simply caused by a leaf blocking the sun. Usually a dead leaf gets wet and sticks to the apple. Now if the cat had a black stripe on its leg with a hook on the end, that would be a clear miracle.

7. David Leech
    Posted October 22, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

Is that Top Cat when he was a kitten? I always thought he was blue?

I think I’m showing my age here:-(

• MadScientist
      Posted October 22, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

Dang, you beat me to it – I was going to say it’s Top Cat but he’s the wrong color.

As for the apple – that’s a “miracle” which is repeatable and hardly surprising for anyone who’s had an apple tree.

8. Ant
    Posted October 23, 2010 at 9:57 am | Permalink

The cat has evolved! (And picked up some bad habits.)

(Courtesy of my son, Ben.)